Transform a Tetra Pak into a beautiful flowerpot:
- Open the top of the Tetra Pak and use scissors to cut along the top fold to remove the top all together.
- Cut down the four side folds to half of the height.
- Fold the sides down.
- Make a hole in each corner of the folded sides (eight holes total)
- Link the holes together with a string to hold the corners down.
- Optional: decorate your pot with paper or paint to your liking.
Your new pot is waterproof: no mess when watering. However, for plants that need drainage, make several holes at the bottom of the Tetra Pak with the tip of scissors.
- Create nice openings on the upper part of the sides of a Tetra Pak.
- Make a few holes with the tip of scissors through the bottom.
- Optional: place a loop of string through the cap before screwing it back on top to be able to hand the pot.
- Fill with soil, plant a seed and water generously to kickstart your new pot.
Speaking of watering, did you know that a PET bottle can easily be turned into a watering system?